Dean’s Corner – A Hull New Experience

Greetings to All in Hull/Jaguar Nation!

I am extremely excited to have joined you as the new Dean of the James M. Hull College of Business!  As I write this, I am wrapping my fifth week here and I am thrilled by the warm welcome I have received from the faculty, administration, students and business community.  One of the first events I participated in was Hull College Day at the Jaguar basketball games vs. Armstrong State (Two Jag wins!).  In addition to getting to see the Jaguar teams play, I was able to see that our Hull students’ ability extended beyond the classroom and on to the basketball court.  We promise to give them stiffer competition next year.  Even more exciting than the free throw contest was the great turnout of students, faculty, alumni, advisory board members, and business partners at the game.  I am proud to join such a strong community!

The Hull College of Business has achieved much in recent years and we plan to continue this upward trajectory more steeply.  The investments made by the federal and state governments in cybersecurity help put Hull at the center of an exciting field with outstanding opportunities in employment growth, research, and business development.  In my short time here, I have begun meeting with corporations and business organizations and will ensure these partnerships grow and strengthen with the goal of Hull being the “Business School for Business”, in which we work closely with the business community to develop a workforce that meets its needs and provides relevant and valuable research.  On the horizon, we plan to take advantage of AU’s prowess in healthcare to offer programs in healthcare management and make Hull a leader in this area.

Our faculty are great teachers, solid researchers, and engagers of the business community, our students shine both in the classroom and as interns and prospective employees, and our alumni, advisory board, and business community provide the guidance and support required to be great.  We are on the brink of exciting times at Hull, and it will take all of us to work together to be successful.  I look forward to working with all of you!

Dr. Rick Franza, Dean
James M. Hull College of Business

Written by
Dean Richard Franza

Dr. Richard M. Franza is Dean of the James M. Hull College of Business and Professor of Management. Dr. Franza's primary areas of expertise are Operations Management (OM), Management of Technology (MOT), and Project Management.

View all articles
Written by Dean Richard Franza

Follow us

The James M. Hull College of Business is accredited by AACSB International and offers outstanding, highly-engaged business education at the undergraduate and graduate levels.