Student Spotlight: Madhu Senthil

A dancer and athlete has joined the student staff in the Hull College’s Career & Academic Planning (CAP) Center.

Madhu Senthil, a sophomore, is now pursuing her BBA in Healthcare Management, after changing her major from pre-med to business.

Born in Santa Clarita, CA, north of Los Angeles, Madhu’s family moved to the Atlanta area after her freshman year of high school. She graduated from Denmark High School in Cumming, GA, and selected Augusta University for its pre-med program.

She explains, “A lot of my family members, uncles, are healthcare professionals. I look up to them, which is why I wanted to do pre-med. I realized that medicine and blood was not for me. Business was more up my alley,” she said. “I like more of the patient care side of healthcare which is why I’m doing healthcare management.”

Senthil said it was after the Intro to Business class that she realized Augusta University has an excellent business school, too.

When not studying or working in the CAP Center, Madhu is a dancer with AU Sharkara, Augusta University’s Bollywood Fusion Dance Team. Performances mix Bollywood-style dance with contemporary and pop.

“We put together dances for school events, and we have performed at the Maxwell Theatre a few times,” she said.

Madhu also enjoys playing volleyball and is considering joining a local volleyball club.

Written by
Tim Rausch

Tim Rausch is a Communication Strategist in the Dean's Office at the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University.

View all articles
Written by Tim Rausch

Follow us

The James M. Hull College of Business is accredited by AACSB International and offers outstanding, highly-engaged business education at the undergraduate and graduate levels.