Student Spotlight: Allie Ristroph

Allie Ristroph, senior BBA student.

Allie Ristroph practically grew up in a swimming pool, but plans to be surrounded by numbers instead of water after graduating.

Ristroph, 21, from Augusta, is on track to graduate in May 2023 with a BBA in Financial Services concentration.

“I took a corporate finance class, and I liked it. Even if I don’t end up getting a job in finance, I felt I would have a wider range of opportunities,” she explained for her choice of concentration. “I see myself doing something in personal finance. That is something I could benefit from and continue to learn that in my personal life.”

Ristroph is a graduate of Aquinas High School and followed in the footsteps of two of her three older siblings in attending Augusta University.

“I like Augusta. I like the small town feel,” she said. “I picked Augusta University because I knew it was a really good school, and it would help me save money staying here in town.”

Ristroph’s father is an English professor at Augusta Technical College; her mother is the owner of Dolphin Swim Academy in Martinez.

She still works for her mother stating, “I’ve taught swimming since I was 14 years old.”

She says she is ready for another chapter of her life. She completed an internship with Meybohm Commercial Real Estate, working in marketing and financial analysis.

Ristroph was a member of the College’s Real Estate Club prior to the pandemic. She was also a graduate of last year’s cohort for the Women’s Leadership Academy.

“That was a really good experience. Great networking. I learned a lot about the business world and being a woman in business, and how that can be different sometimes.”

For hobbies, she enjoys the outdoors and exercise, specifically yoga. She is considering a side job as a yoga instructor.

Written by
Tim Rausch

Tim Rausch is a Communication Strategist in the Dean's Office at the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University.

View all articles
Written by Tim Rausch

Follow us

The James M. Hull College of Business is accredited by AACSB International and offers outstanding, highly-engaged business education at the undergraduate and graduate levels.